What kind of psychopath would sit down with a book without a cup of tea?
I kid, I’m sure you’re not a psychopath if you don’t drink a hot drink during your book time. But seriously, you don’t know what you’re missing. If you can’t go without your standard hot beverage for the next chapter of The Awesomeness or whatever your book is called (I just write my books, my husband names them – for obvious reasons) – you know what I’m talking about.
Sometimes, it’s a big choice: what tea do we drink this time? Well, every Tuesday I’ll be recommending a tasty new tea to try when you’re reading your latest page-turner.
This Tuesday, we have my absolutely fave:
Lemon, Ginger, Banana Tea (LGB – Tea)
Banana tea? Bear with me, it’s not as crazy as it sounds, but it’s way more delicious than it sounds. But first, how on earth do we make it?
- 2 Bananas
- 1 inch of ginger
- 1 lemon (half a lemon or none at all if you’re not into the sour thing)
- Cut the bananas in half and the ginger into small pieces and put into a saucepan.
- Boil the kettle and pour water into the saucepan (enough for a pot of tea).
- Boil bananas and ginger for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice into saucepan.
- Remove banana and ginger with a strainer and pour tea into teapot.
- Enjoy hot!
This might be the maddest recipe you’ve seen in your life, but I can’t tell you how tasty it is PLUS it’s unbelievably good for you. (Bananas = good for digestion, ginger and lemon = both good for inflammation).
Try this tea and let me know if you love it too!
Thanks for reading!