** Book Review Requests Currently Closed **
Submitting Your Book
I’m always looking for new books to read and welcome book review requests for books in almost any format: e-book, paperback and hardback (for which I will love you forever), but I don’t accept audiobooks. Audible has given me the run-around enough.
All reviews are free.
Genres I read:
- Magic realism
- Fantasy where the protagonist starts in our world but ends up in another
- Time travel
- Non-fiction (must have magic/supernatural themes)
I’ll especially love to read them if they include protagonists that are typically underrepresented in literature today e.g. LGBT, POC etc.
What I don’t read:
- Anything that doesn’t have magic in it – especially memoirs.
Send all book review requests to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “REVIEW REQUEST.” Please include the book title, author, publisher (if applicable), synopsis, publication date and Goodreads page in your e-mail.
Please note that e-mails with just a screenshot of a Goodreads/Amazon book page or just a synopsis – i.e. e-mails that just dump the book info into my inbox without so much as a “Hi there”, will be deleted. Write me an e-mail like you would any other stranger you’d like to request something from.
Yup, I use stars. You love them, I love them.
- 5 stars – I am now a super-fan. 5 stars means I loved the book and will probably stalk your author profiles for new releases. You are also eligible for The Secret Library Recommended Reads seal.
- 4 stars – Big likes. Good character arcs and development, solid plot and immersive reading. Minimal errors.
- 3 stars – Good book. Enjoyable read but has several minor issues such as grammatical errors, formatting problems etc.
- 2 stars – Problems. If the book is not well written but has some big redeeming features like an interesting world and solid characters.
- 1 star – Big problems. I will only give this rating if I really didn’t enjoy the book.
- DNF – Did not finish.
Regardless of the rating, the review will go up on The Secret Library book blog and Goodreads, so make sure you are confident you have a polished book before sending it. If the rating is two stars or below, I will send you an e-mail explaining why and will withhold posting a review to Amazon if requested.
Seal of Approval
Any books receiving a five star rating will be given The Secret Library Recommended Read seal to display as you see fit.